Distribution Plan for Supply of Rail Neer on Express Trains and Stations
Distribution Plan for Supply of Rail Neer on Mail/Exp. Trains and Stations
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 30/04/2019
Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
The Chairman & Managing Director, IRCTC,
New Delhi 110001.
(Commercial Circular No. 23/2019)
Sub: Distribution Plan for Supply of Rail Neer on Mail/Exp. Trains and Stations.
Ref: (i) IRCTC letter No. 2010/IRCTC/RNP/RBRIPT-IV dated 30.01.2019 & 27/02/2019
(ii) Board’s Commercial Circular No. 20 of 2018 dated 04/04/2018.
In view of commissioning of new Rail Neer plants, the request of IRCTC regarding notification of additional trains/stations as units for supply of 100% Rail Neer mandatorily has been examined in Board’s office. In this regard, following is advised :-
1. Further to the notification issued vide Commercial Circular No. 20 of 2018 dated 04/04/2018; a list of additional mandatory stations (along with average per day demand/requirement) during entire year is enclosed as Annexure-A.
2. The stations already notified as mandatory stations for supply of Rail Neer only during non-peak season shall continue to be mandatory for the entire year.
3 All Mail/Express trains running with pantry cars (including newly introduced trains) shall be mandatory units for supply of Rail Neer only for the entire year.
4. Stations notified as mandatory shall supply Rail Neer in Mail/Express trains with no pantry car facility through Train Side Vending.
5. Henceforth notification of additional stations for mandatory supply of Rail Neer is delegated to PCCMs of the concerned Zonal Railways who shall issue such notification on receipt of request from IRCTC. Notification of additional Stations is to be done taking into consideration relevant factors such as increase in production capacity, demand assessment, logistical factors, etc. Since, the list of additional stations (Annexure-A of item no. 1 above) as mandatory stations is based on requests received from IRCTC, Zonal Railways may reconcile the same with IRCTC in case of any reservation.
6. All other instructions regarding mandatory supply of Rail Neer Packaged Drinking Water on Indian Railways issued vide Commercial Circular No. 20 of 2018 shall remain unchanged.
IRCTC and Zonal Railways shall take necessary action in accordance with the above guidelines. IRCTC shall also send periodical (quarterly) statement of supply/shortfall of Rail Nei packaged drinking water on mandatory units for information of Board.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Dte. of Ministry of Railways.
Copy to: Principal Financial Advisers, All Zonal Railways.
List of Additional Mandatroy Stations for supply of Rail Neer