GPF Guidelines for Submission of Final Withdrawal
General Provident Fund – Guidelines for submission of Final Withdrawal / Temp. Advance / Final Settlement Bills and Dr./Cr. Schedules
All Controller of Finance & Accounts (Fys)
and Branch Accounts Offices
Sub: Guidelines for submission of Final Withdrawal / Temp. Advance / Final Settlement Bills and Dr./Cr. Schedules.
Ref: PCA (Fys) Circular No.F/l/20 dated 07.4.2016.
Of late, it has been observed that the directions enumerated in the Circular cited under reference are not being scrupulously followed by many Branch Accounts Offices. Hence, it is reiterated to ensure that subscription recovered and amount paid as withdrawals / temporary advances have been verified / vetted positively, duly indicating the DV Nos. and month of compilation, as this is a mandatory audit requirement for passing of any such claim for payment.
2. During the course of audit of GPF credit schedules received in this office, it has been noticed that many Branch Accounts offices are still having practices to forward only GPF changed statement in respect of subscribers of concerned factory / formation, to Main Office every month. In this context, it is pertinent to mention that complete GPF credit schedules for the RPB month of March every year is required for correct reconciliation and adjustment of data at this end. Hence, it is requested to forward complete GPF Credit Schedules for the RPB month of March only and Changed Statement for all the remaining months, for correct reconciliation and adjustment thereof.
3. If there is no Debit Schedule in any month, a certificate in this regard stating interalia – “It is certified that no GPF withdrawal / Temporary advance has been paid during the month of which must be rendered to this office by the 10th of the following month.
4. GPF Dr. / Cr. Schedules are required to be reconciled with COO-2 and PM. of the respective month positively before forwarding to this office for necessary action at this end. Dr. / Cr. Schedules should invariably be forwarded to this office by the 10th of the following month.
5. Final Settlement Bills must be forwarded to this office at least one month before the date of superannuation.
6. GPF Assets must be transferred at the earliest possible, along with all required documents.
7. Increase and decrease of GPF subscription should be allowed strictly as per GPF Rule 8(4).
The contents of the circular may please be brought to the notice of all the concerned officers and task holder under your jurisdiction.
PCA (Fys.) has approved.
Addl. Controller of Accounts (Fys.)