TN Pension – Procedural Matters
REFIXATION OF PENSION / FAMILY PENSION ON 1-1-2016
(1) All Pension Disbursing Authorities including Public Sector Banks handling disbursement of pension to the Government pensioners/family pensioners are hereby authorized to pay pension/family pension to the existing pensioners/family pensioners by refixing pension / family pension / enhanced family pension in the first instance with effect from 1-10-2017 in accordance with the provision in clause (1) of paragraph 5 of this order and fix the corresponding additional pension, if any, in accordance with the provision in paragraph 20 of this order without any further authorization from the Principal Accountant General (Accounts and Entitlement), Tamil Nadu / Head of Office etc. However, before disbursement of the pension / family pension, the Pension Disbursing Authority shall authenticate that the fixation made is strictly in accordance with the provisions of this order.
(2) Where a pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension, revision shall be done separately in terms of this order.
(3) Wherever the age of pensioners/family pensioners is available in the Pension Payment Order, the additional pension/family pension shall also be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authorities immediately without any further authorization from the Principal Accountant General (Accounts and Entitlement) Tamil Nadu / Head of Office etc.
(4) A suitable entry regarding the revised pension / family pension shall be recorded by the Pension Disbursing Authorities in both halves of the Pension Payment Order.
(5) An intimation regarding disbursement of revised pension / family pension shall be sent by the Pension Disbursing Authority to the Principal Accountant General (Accounts and Entitlement), Tamil Nadu with a copy to the concerned pensioners / family pensioners.
(6) The Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts shall issue necessary instructions to all the Treasury Officers / Sub-Treasury Officers / Pension Pay Officer, Chennai including Public Sector Banks to make payment of the revised pension / family pension immediately.
(7) In respect of Pensioners / Family Pensioners drawing pension / family pension / enhanced family pension under Public Sector Bank Scheme, the Commercial Banks shall work out the revised pension in accordance with provision in clause (1) of paragraph 5 of this order and disburse the revised amount as specified in this order.
(8) The Pension Disbursing Authorities i.e. in respect of Pilot Scheme, the Pension Pay Officer, Chennai and Treasury Officers / Sub-Treasury Officers other than Chennai and in respect of Public Sector Bank (PSB) Scheme, the authorized Commercial Banks concerned shall promptly display this order on the notice board for the information of pensioners/family pensioners.