Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 08/2017
New Delhi, dated 02-02-2017.
The General Managers
All Indian Railways and PUs
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. PC-V/2008/PS/1 (Stipend) dated 15-12-2008
Consequent upon the promulgation of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 on the basis of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission, the issue of revision in the rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees (non-gazetted) on Railways was under consideration. Now, the President is pleased to revise the rates of stipend to the apprentices and trainees as per the schedule attached herein.
2. It is likely that some of the existing categories of apprentices on certain Railways may not have designations identical to what appears in the enclosed Schedule. In such cases, the Railway administration, in consultation with FA & CAO, should identify the designation/category of the apprentice concerned with similar case appearing in the Schedule and determine the rate of stipend applicable thereto. Wherever such identification is not possible, specific cases may be reported to the Board with verbatim comments of the FA & CAO.
3. In case, the period of training as indicated in these orders is at variance with the actual practice in respect of one or more categories, the matter should be referred to the Railway Board for decision.
4. The apprentices and trainees will draw the revised rates of Dearness Allowance appropriate to the revised rates of stipend.
5. The revised rates of stipend will take effect from 01.08.2016.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Hindi version is enclosed.
Dy. Director/Pay Commission-V
Grade Pay in VI CPC Pay structure (ƻ)
Corresponding Revised Pay level in the 7th
Revised rates of stipend in the corresponding Pay
|S & T Department|
|1.||Telephone Operator||Less than one year||1900||2||19900|
|2.||Signal Maintainer||One year||1900||2||19900|
|3.||Signal Maintainer||Eighteen months||2400||4||21700 (22400 in the second year)|
|4.||Telecommunication Maintainer Grade III||One year||1900||2||19900|
|5.||Wireless Maintainer Grade III||One year||1900||2||19900|
|6||Jr. Engineer (Signal) (Diploma holder)||12 months (52 weeks)||4200||6||35400|
|7.||Sr. Section Engineer (Signal) (Degree holder)||One year||4600||7||44900|
|8.||Jr. Engineer (Telecom) (Diploma holder)||12 months (52 weeks)||4200||6||35400|
|9.||Sr. Section Engineer (Telecom) (Degree holder)||12 months (52 weeks)||4600||7||44900|
|10.||Jr. Engineer (Workshop) (Diploma holder)||12 months (52 weeks)||4200||6||35400|
|11.||Sr. Section Engineer (Workshop)||One year||4600||7||44900|
|Civil Engineering Department|
|12.||Jr. Engineer (Works) (Diploma holder)||One year||4200||6||35400|
|13.||Sr. Section Engineer (Works) (Degree holder)||Upto one year||4600||7||44900|
|14.||Jr. Engineer (Permanent Way) (Diploma holder)||One year||4200||6||35400|
|15.||Sr. Section Engineer (Permanent Way) (Degree holder)||Upto one year||4600||7||44900|
|16.||Jr. Engineer (Bridge)||Two years||4200||6||29200 (30100 in the second year)|
|17.||Sr. Section Engineer (Bridge) (Degree holder)||One year||4600||7||44900|
|18.||Jr. Engineer (Engg. WS)/ JE (TM/TT)||One year||4200||6||35400|
|19.||Sr. Section Engineer (Eng WS)/SSE (TM/TT)||One year||4600||7||44900|