Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government Employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body and are in receipt of 1/3rd restored commuted portion of pension. – Revised rate effective from 1.7.2016.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003
Date: 16th Dec 2016
Subject :- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government Employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body and are in receipt of 1/3rd restored commuted portion of pension. – Revised rate effective from 1.7.2016.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OMs 42/06/2016- P&PW(G) dated 11th April, 2016 and 421l5/2016-P&PW(G) dated 16.11.2016 wherein it was decided to issue separate Dearness Relief orders to the Central Government employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSUI Autonomous body and are in receipt of 1131d restored commuted portion of pension and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief (DR) shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 125% to 132% w.e.f. I st July, 2016.
2. These orders will be applicable to Central Government employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body and have become eligible for restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension. These employees will be entitled to the payment of DR @ 132% w.e.f. 1.7.2016 on full pension i.e. the revised pension which the absorbed employee would have received had he not drawn lump sum payment on absorption and Dearness Pension subject to fulfilment of the conditions laid down in para 5 of the O.M. dated 14.07.98 as amended from time to time. In this connection, instructions contained in this Department’s OM No.4/29199-P&PW (D) dated. 12.7.2000 refers.
3. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4. Other provisions governing grant of DR in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed Central Government Pensioners will be regulated in accordance with the provisions contained in this Department’s OM No. 45173/97-P&PW (G) dated 2.7.1999 as amended vide this Department’s OM No. F.No. 38/88/2008-P&PW(G) dated 9th July, 2009.
The provisions relating to regulation of DR where a pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension will remain unchanged.
5. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
6. The offices of Accountant General and authorised Pension Disbursing Banks are requested to arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of these instructions without waiting for any further instructions from the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and the Reserve Bank of India in view of letter No. 528- TA, lI/34-80-II dated 23/0411981 of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India addressed to all Accountant Generals and Reserve Bank of India Circular No. GANB No. 2958/GA-64 (ii) (CGL)/81 dated the 21 st May, 1981 addressed to State Bank of India and its subsidiaries and all Nationalised Banks.
7. In their application to the pensioners/family pensioners belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the C&AG.
8. This issues in pursuance of instructions of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their OM No. 1/3/2008-E.I1(8) dated 09th Nov, 2016.
9. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Click to view the order